Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
Want pot roast but don't have all day to cook it? This Pressure Cooker Pot Roast will take about an hour. Get the rest of dinner ready while it cooks.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound) beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 (1.2-ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth (or 2 cups homemade)
Adapted from webmailb.netzero.net
Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat with the lid open. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil.
In a small cup or bowl, mix together the Italian salad dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and gravy mix. Sprinkle them evenly over the roast. Pour in the beef broth and add the chopped onion.
Seal and lock pressure cooker, and cook over high heat to build pressure until the indicator sounds (mine whistles). Turn heat down to medium, and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Run under cold water to help release the pressure before unsealing the lid. You can use the juices as an au jus, or thicken with flour or cornstarch to make a yummy gravy.