Cheese 'n' Chili Chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops - (abt 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 1/2 can diced green chilies - (4 1/2 oz) drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops about 2 minutes per side.
Combine salsa, chilies and cumin in a bowl. Pour mixture over chops. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and simmer chops 5 minutes or until cooked through. Mix cheeses in a bowl.
Divide cheese mixture over chops, cover and cook 1 minute, just until cheese melts.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4.5 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 59 grams
Fat: 25 grams