Bearnaise Sauce II
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tspn dried tarragon)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar plus
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 stick softened butter cut small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
To make sauce: In a double boiler (or heatproof bowl set over, but not touching, a saucepot of simmering water), combine shallot, tarragon, and vinegar. Cook 5 minutes, until most of the vinegar has evaporated. Whisk in egg yolk mixture.
Whisk continuously until egg yolks have thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in butter gradually, piece by piece, until incorporated (sauce should have the texture of mayonnaise). Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Net Carbs: 1 grams
Protein: 1.5 grams
Fat: 15.5 grams