Basic Egg Salad And Egg Salad Plus
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS:
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chilies in adobo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 1 small carrot grated (not for induction dieters)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green or black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 tspn dried dill)
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil capers drained
Chop eggs roughly, or push them through the large-holed side of a four sided box grater.
In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper into with a wooden spoon.
Stir in chopped celery, if using.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Fat: 33 grams