Herbed Skillet Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter (or trans-fat free margarine or Plugrá)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat cottage cheese (4% milkfat variety)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Melt butter or Plugrá in a heavy non-stick surface skillet. Add green onion; cook 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Combine eggs, cottage cheese, cream and water in mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, basil and pepper; pour mixture into skillet.
Cook, covered tightly, over medium heat 15 to 17 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle paprika over top of quiche and garnish with strips of green onion tops, if desired.
Serve from skillet or slide onto serving platter.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 1.5 carb grams per serving.