Roasted Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz ea, without tenderloins)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup very thinly-sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons currants (optional)
- 2 medium Gala, Fuji, or Delicious apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" dice
Heat oven to 350 degrees. To make rub, combine paprika, onion powder and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a cup. Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle both sides evenly with the rub.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken; cook 1 1/2 minutes per side, until browned. Transfer breasts to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Bake chicken 10 to 12 minutes, just until cooked through. Wrap chicken in foil and let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch chunks.
Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add onion, currants, apples and chicken; toss to coat. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Net Carbs: 8 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 32 grams
Fat: 20.5 grams