Chocolate mousse cheesecake
- cheesecake Layer:
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumber
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- Mousse and Topping Layers:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 eggs yolks
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup suger
1 in a small bowl, combine the craker crumbs, suger, cocoa and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in springform pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
2. for cheesecake: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and suger until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. add sour cream vanilla and coffee liqueur;beat just until combined. pour over crust. place pan on a baking sheet.
3. bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. cool on a wire rake for 10 minutes. carefully run a knife around sege of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. refrigerate until completely cooled,
4. for mousse and topping: in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. in a small saucepan, combine egg yolks milk, sugar and coffee granules. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reached 160 or it thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
5. remove for the heat; whisk in gelatin until dissolved. stir in the chocolate, rum and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until chocoate is melted. Pour into a small bowl. set the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water; stir occasionally until thickened
6. meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioner's suger and remaining vanilla; beat untill stiff peaks form. Fold half of cream into mosse mixture; spread over cheesecake. top with reamaining cream. cover and refrigrae overnight.