- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds chicken breast fillets cut 1" strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Heat butter in a heavy casserole over medium-high heat until foam from butter subsides. Add chicken strips and cook in batches until browned, 5 minutes per batch. Add cumin, coriander, ginger, red-pepper flakes (if using) and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Slowly add heavy cream and simmer (do not let mixture come to a boil) until heated through, 3 minutes.
Transfer chicken and sauce to a serving plate. Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 52 grams
Fat: 19 grams