Fusilli Alla Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1/2 pound chopped beef
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef stock or water
- 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes with their juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Atkins Fusilli Pasta Cuts
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add chopped beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Add wine, stock, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until about three-quarters of the liquid has evaporated. Add heavy cream and cook 2 minutes, to warm through.
During the last 20 minutes of sauce cooking time, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 27.5 grams
Net Carbs: 15.5 grams
Protein: 51.5 grams
Fat: 26.5 grams