Christmas Cottage Cheese Mold - Green
- 1 envelope sugar free lime Jello
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups cottage cheese (not low-fat)
- 1/2 cup diced melon in tiny cubes (honeydew or cantaloupe)
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional, but gives a more vibrant red to the mold)
Prepare Jello according to package directions, but omitting cold water. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon/lime juice to Jello. Beat with hand-held mixer for 30 seconds.
Add Splenda and beat an additional 30 seconds. (If you're using extra food color, add it now and stir it in slowly with a spoon.) Fold in cottage cheese and melon.
Pour into a wet 1-quart mold. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 6 carb grams per serving.