- 12 ounce linguine
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Cooking time 30mins
1. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook linguine as label directs.
2. Meanwhile. in 12" skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 9 minutes or until browned and crisp. Sprinkle; chicken with 1/4 tsp salt.
3. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towel. Add chicken to same skillet with drippings. Increase heat to medium - high. Cook chicken 2 minutes. Add shallot. Cook 2 minutes, stirring. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute or until chicken is cooked through, stirring. remove from heat; cool slightly. Crumble bacon.
4. In large bowl, whisk together eggs. Pecorino, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper until well combined. Add bacon and cooled chicken mixture to eggs.
5. When pasta is cooked, drain well. Add to large bowl with egg mixture, tossing to coat. Divide among 4 plates.