- 4 chicken breast halves skinned, boned
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy or oat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala or more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sliced mozzerella cheese as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Dip chicken in egg, and dredge in flour. Brown chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken and set aside. Reserve drippings in skillet.
Cook mushrooms in drippings in the skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Add chicken, Marsala, and remaining ingredients and top chicken pieces with the cheese. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 4 carb grams per serving.