Chicken And Dumplings
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped celery
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken (or turkey) breast
- 1 package Keto French Bread Machine Mix (or Carbolite or Ketogenics Bread Mix)
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Additional water as needed
Add first 12 ingredients to large soup pot and allow to boil until onions, carrots and celery are semi-soft. Add diced chicken or turkey and boil an additional 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl mix beaten egg with heavy cream and 1/4 cup of the additional water. In a large bowl, empty bread machine mix and add egg/cream mixture and stir. Continue adding water a little at a time until you have a stiff but moist dough.
Drop by 2-tablespoon size "dumplings" into bubbling broth, keeping dough balls separate in the broth until each rises and "forms". Once all dough is into broth, cook an additional 5 minutes and serve in big bowls.
This recipe yields 8 servings; about 6 carb grams per serving.