- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot peeled, grated
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated ginger
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped roasted salted peanuts
Combine the cabbages and carrot in a large bowl. Toss the mixture with your hands and set aside.
For the dressing, combine the walnut oil, sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup and ginger in a small bowl, and whisk to blend.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Sprinkle with the peanuts. Chill and serve.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
Each serving: 162 calories; 4 grams protein; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 12 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 270 mg. sodium.