Chili Mac Navy Style
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, without leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1. In Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, brown sugar, chili powder, salt mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the beans and macaroni; simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.