- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- 2- 28 oz. cans of tomatoes, OR 6 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 springs each parsley and basil
- 1/2 to 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. sugar or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley or basil
Adapted from Blue Jean Chef - QVC.COM
Add the olive oil, garlic, and hot red pepper flakes to a deep saute pan or Dutch oven, and then heat the pan over medium heat. Cook gently until the garlic is fragrant, but DO NOT brown.
Add the tomatoes and fresh herb springs and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and sugar, or balsamic vinegar, if desired. Remove the herb springs and stir in the chopped fresh parsley or basil.
Serve over pasta or in any number of dishes.