HG's Veggie-Loaded Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 1 1/2 cups)
PointsPlus® value 8*
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
In a medium bowl, stir cornstarch into broth until dissolved. Mix in soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger.
Bring a wok (or large skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until slightly softened, 5 - 6 minutes.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the wok. Add snow peas and cashews. Cook and stir for about 4 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Stir sauce mixture, and add to the wok. Cook and stir until sauce has slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Top with scallions, and dig in!