Italian Wedding Soup
Delicious, from Sherry
- 1 lb. ground chuck, or sirloin
- 1 lb. fresh ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Italian seasonings use in meatballs and soup (i use a lot) 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Romano cheese, or Parmesan i use Parmesan
- 48 oz's chicken broth plus 2- 14 oz. cans
- 1/2 package spinach, chopped and drained. Add to soup
Mix first 7 ingredients well. Roll into teaspoon sized meatballs. Drop into the chicken broth brought to a simmer in large pot. Do not brown meatballs.
Add 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to broth before meatballs. Taste add more if you want. Bring to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
Add di Pepe pasta I use for a whole recipe about 3/4 c. of pasta.
Simmer until pasta is done. Salt to taste. Takes 10-12 minutes. Add the 2 beaten slowly to the soup. Take off heat and stir in a figure 8 until the eggs are stirred into soup. Let sit a few minutes and serve. If soup is too thick after sitting add some more broth.
If making ahead do not add eggs until you are going to serve. If soup is cold reheat to simmer before adding eggs to soup.