Three Day Add-in Salads
To keep these salads crisp and fresh, top the starter salad with the add-ins before leaving home. Then toss with the dressing just before eating.
- ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD:
- STARTER SALAD
- In large airtight container or bowl, combine 6 cups torn romaine lettuce; 2 carrots, grated; 2 stalks celery, chopped; and 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or green onions. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 3 days.) Makes 9 cups or 3 servings.
- 3 cups Starter salad
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp Parsley Vinaigrette
In airtight container, layer Starter Salad, chicken, almonds and raisins. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 6 hours.) Add Parsley vinaigrette and toss.
In airtight jar, shake together 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil; 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley; 2 tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar; 1 clove garlic, minced; and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. (Make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 3 days.) Makes about 1/3 cup.