Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Great use for left over BBQ or roast chicken.
- Left over BBQ or roast chicken pieces with skin, fat and bones removed
- 1 1/3cups1 1/3 cups of wild rice
- 1cup1 cup chopped celery
- 1large1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 11 litre chicken stock
- 2Tbs2 Tbs margarine
- 3/4cup3/4 cup white wine
- 600ml600ml thickened cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from google.com.au
1. Boil wild rice, but remove from heat 15 minutes before it's done. Drain excess liquid and set aside.
2. In a stock pot over medium heat saute butter, celery and leek until translucent. Pour in stock and partially cover with wild rice. Simmer for approx 10 mins.
3. Add chicken, white wine and cream. Simmer on low heat for 15 mins.