Cauliflower Soup (Donna)
Wonderful creamy tasty soup
- 6 slices bacon/pancetta chopped (I used Pancetta)
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 cups chopped cauliflower florets and stems (approx. 2.5 lb. head)
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1.Cook bacon/pancetta in Dutch oven, over med, stirring often, until crisp (4-7 min)
Transfer to paper towel using slotted spoon
Drain drippings reserving 1 Tbsp.
2. Increase heat to med-high. Add leek, celery and garlic to hot drippings in pan; cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 5 min. Add cauliflower, stock, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until cauliflower is very tender, about 15 min.
3. Remove 1 cup vegetables with a slotted spoon, finely chop.
4. Pour remaining mixture into blender; add half and half. Remove center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape; attach lid and place a clean towel over opening in lid. Process, starting slowly and increasing speed, until very smooth. 1 min 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Return mixture to pan with chopped vegetables, cook over med until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Ladle soup into fowls; top with bacon, cheese and chives.
I added pancetta to full pot.
200 calories; 13 g fat, 11 g protein; 12 g carb; 3 g fiber
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Soup - Taste of Home 0/5 (0 Votes)