Chicken Fried Chicken (Spicy)
- 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 cup hot sauce (e.g., Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce)
- 3 cups flour
- 3 TBS Kosher salt
- 1 TBS black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from texaspete.com
1. In a medium baking dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Add pounded chicken breasts and let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Remove chicken breasts from buttermilk and dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, add canola oil. Let the oil get hot. Place chicken in pan and cook on each side until golden brown or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F.