Granny's Buffalo Wings
This should yield enough sauce for 3 dozen wings. 12 wings (about 3 pounds) will fill a 12x17" pan.
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 2/3 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons white or cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- Optional ingredients: ketchup, honey, celery seed, adobo sauce, sugar, brown mustard.
- 12-36 chicken wings, tips removed and separated at the joint (so you'll have 24 to 72 pieces, either roasting in batches, or saving extra sauce for next time).a
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
Preheat oven to 450º F.
FOR THE SAUCE - Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
FOR THE WINGS
Line a roasting pan or jelly roll pan with foil, place a rack on top, and spray the rack well with cooking spray.
Put the wings in a large bowl with about 1/2 cup of the sauce, and use your hands to mix well. Set the wings on the racks. You may want to reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce for dipping.
Roast the wings for 10 minutes, then brush with more of the sauce.
Roast for another 10 minutes, and brush with more sauce. Turn the wings over, and baste once again.
Roast for another 10 minutes, then brush with still more sauce.
Roast for a final 10 minutes.
Serve hot (these re-heat well in a microwave), with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.