Kiss Me Cookies
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract or vanilla extract
- 6-7 drops of red food coloring
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 bag of dark chocolate Hershey kisses
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl beat the butter, powdered sugar & salt until mixed well. Add cherry juice, almond extract & food coloring. Mix well. Gradually add flour and then add chopped cherries.
Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes or until the bottoms are light
brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss in the center of each cookie. They will crack slightly around the edges. Cool
for a minimum of 30 minutes as the chocolate will be slightly melted.