- FOREST FLOOR
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- CELERY TREES
- 8 celery stalks with leaves
- 1/2 cup hummus, cream cheese, or peanut butter
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, and water, and bring to a boil.
3. When liquid is boiling, add the couscous. Cover and remove from heat.
4. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, remove cover, add the parsley and mint, and fluff with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, cut four of the celery stalks to the same length. Cut the other four stalks to the same length also, but longer than the first four.
6. Fill four of the stalks with your favorite filling.
7. Match each stalk with its mate and squeeze together.
8. Stand the celery trees up in mounds of Nabooli and enjoy!