Braeden A. Mullen's Favorite Meal in Grandma Mary's Cook Book.
- Prepare either before you start the Roast or during it's cooking in the oven:
- This is Braeden A. Mullen's Favorite Meal in Grandma Mary's Cook Book.
- 1 3# boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 3 T. Cooking Oil
- 1/3 C. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- 2 C. Water (divided)
- 1 t. Dijon Mustard
- 1 t. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
- <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Gravy
- 3-4 or so T. Cornstarch
- Broth from Roast
- <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Rest of the meal
- 6 Potatoes (peeled, cut into fourths)
- 4-6 Onions (peeled, cut in halves)
- 1-2 # Baby Carrots (I use one and a half) the other half I save to eat.
1. In a small bowl mix Flour, Salt and Pepper; Mix well. Rub meat on the sides, top and bottom with Flour mixture. Place in the skillet, brown on all sides. Lay the Roast in a 4 Qt. Baking Dish, pour in one cup of Water and place the baking dish into a 350 degree oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.
2. Mix one cup of Water, Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce and Garlic Powder; and Pour over Meat. Add the Veggies: Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions that have already been prepared (you can add Cabbage, if desired.) Return the Roast with Veggies to the oven for approximately another hour. The veggies will be getting tender, just insert a fork into the Potato. Does it come off easily? If so, it is done. Try one of the Carrots to make sure they are done. You only have the Gravy to make.
3. Remove some broth from the Roast; 1 or 2 cups. (Depends on how much Gravy you would like.) Place it in a saucepan and stir Cornstarch and Broth until smooth. You can add either Cornstarch to thicken or Broth to thin the Gravy. So, make a delicious gravy. Cover and cook on medium until gravy is the right thickness. Remove meat; slice. Serve with gravy and Veggies.