Holiday Toffee Bars
Double your batch when making these holiday toffee bars - they will go quick! These make a perfect gift. Just wrap in a nice box or bag with a pretty ribbon - they will thank you!
- 1 1 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1 1 egg yolk
- 2 2 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 2/3 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Stir in flour and salt. Press in pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until very light brown (crust will be soft). Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on hot crust. Let stand about 5 minutes or until chocolate is soft; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
Cool 30 minutes in pan on cooling rack. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.