Spicy Rice Casserole
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage (you can also use turkey sausage)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped (can use red, yellow, and green)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (or chicken)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced (OR use bottled, diced jalapenos - 1/2 the bottle if you want a good kick to it or 1/4 if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 1 package (6-1/4 oz.) long grain and wild rice (Uncle Ben's - QUICK COOKING)
In a large skillet, cook sausage, cumin and garlic powder, stirring often. Drain.
Add onions and peppers; saute until crisp-tender.
Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet.
Stir in jalapenos, rice and rice seasoning packet and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.