- 2- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream cheese,softened
- 3 Tbs instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp water
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped coffee candies
- 1 lb milk chocolate,coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup additional semisweet chocolate chips(optional)
In a microwave-safe bowl melt choc. chips,stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese,coffee and water. Mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in chopped coffee candies. Chill until firm enough to shape about 3-4 hrs. Shape into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parch paper. Chill for 1-2 hrs or until firm.
In a micro-safe bowl,melt milk chocolate,stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate,allow excess to drip off. Place on parch. paper,let stand until set. Melt choc. chips and drizzle over truffles if desired.
They can be frozen for several months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in the refrigerator before dipping.