Slow Cooker Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds of pork ribs, cut every 3-4 ribs to fit in crock pot
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup honey or molasses (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth or beer
Adapted from wellnessmama.com
Dice the onion and place at the bottom of a crock pot (at least 6 quarts!).
Sprinkle the garlic and chili powders, salt and pepper on the ribs an put them in the crock pot also.
Mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire, liquid smoke, sweetener if using and chicken broth (or beer) and then pour evenly over the ribs.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
Toss in sauce before serving.