- CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- This recipe can easily be made low fat and low calorie...simply use low fat cheese and reduced fat soup.
- serves 9
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 3 cups spaghetti, broken up
- 2 cups chicken broth, reserved from pot
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated (reserved for later)
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced fine
- 1/2 cup diced onion fine
- 4 ozs. pimentos diced and drained
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (Lawry's)
- 1/5 tsp pepper flakes
- pepper & salt
Cook cut up fryer in water, pick out the meat to make two cups.
Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with all of the remaining ingredients except for the additional cup sharp cheddar.
Put mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
Bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.
Hint: To make sure cheese on the top does not get overcooked cover with foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
This recipe can be covered and frozen up to six months!
It can also be made ahead by 2 days just cover and refrigerate up to two days.