Cincinnati-Style Chili - (Slow Cooker)
10 servings. Cook 10 hrs.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 med onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) no salt added tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 oz can low sodium beef broth
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t ground cumin
- 3/4 t salt
- 3/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground allspice
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 16 oz pkg whole wheat spaghetti
- 16 oz can kidney beans
- 5 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 med onion, chopped
In nonstick dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook beef or turkey, onions & garlic until no longer pink. Transfer to 3 qt slow cooker.
In lag bowl combine tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, chocolate & seasonings; pour over meat mixture. Cook covered on low 6-8 hrs.
Cook spaghetti according to pkg directions; drain. Remove bay leaf from chili. For each serving place 3/4 c spaghetti in bowl. Top with 2/3 c chili, 3 T kidney beans, 2 T cheese & 1 T chopped onion.