Petite Ice Cream Sandwiches with Fruit Compote
- 32 (1/2" - 2") packaged cookies (we used divided Oreos, lemon shortbread, and snickerdoodles)
- 1 pt ice cream or sorbet (we used a mix of raspberry sorbet, strawberry ice cream, and cherry-vanilla gelato)
- FRUIT COMPOTE
- 1 pt fresh or frozen raspberries or blackberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from redbookmag.com
1. Using a 1oz scoop, place a scoop of softened ice cream between 2 cookies & squeeze together so the ice cream spreads to the edges of the cookies & a bit beyond.
2. Immediately place ice cream sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet & freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
3. Sandwiches can be made ahead & stored, tightly covered, in freezer up to a month.
1. Toss together the fruit (or a mixture of both) w/the lemon juice & sugar in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Let sit 1 hour or until juices begin to run.
3. Stir again to dissolve sugar, then microwave another 2 min, or until, or until bubbly.
4. Cool to lukewarm & serve alongside ice cream sandwiches.