Texas Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 chipotle chile from canned chipotle chiles in adobo,* minced with seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
Adapted from epicurious.com
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Stir in ketchup and all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until reduced to 1 1/3 cups, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. do ahead Can be made 1 week ahead. Cool slightly, cover, and chill.
* Dried, smoked jalape�in a spicy tomato sauce called adobo; available at some supermarkets and at Latin markets.