Roasted Chicken Jus
- 6 chicken wings
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped leaves and all
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 head garlic, cut in 1/2
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a roasting pan add chicken wings, vegetables, thyme and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes until the wings are nice and brown.
Remove from the oven and set over medium-high heat on the stove top. Add white wine to deglaze and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Add the chicken stock and continue to simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid until about 1 cup remains. Remove from heat and strain through a china cap, pushing some of the vegetable pulp through the strainer with the back of a ladle - this will help thicken the jus slightly. Add the cold butter cubes to the jus and swirl until it melts. Season again with salt and pepper.