SLOW COOKER JALAPEÑO POPPER CHICKEN TAQUITOS
- 3-4 chicken breasts, frozen or thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup jarred whole or sliced jalapeños, roughly chopped (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 taco-sized tortillas (I prefer flour but corn tortillas also work well)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (colby jack, monterey jack, Mexican blend, mozzarella - use your favorite!)
- optional toppings: fresh cilantro, additional jalapeños, dipping sauces such as ranch, salsa, green goddess dressing, OR click HERE for my Cafe Rio Tomatillo Ranch Dressing recipe (this is the green dressing you see in the pictures)
Adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
Add chicken, ½ cup water, cream cheese, jalapeños, garlic powder, salt, and cumin to crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. (lesser times are for thawed chicken, greater times for frozen chicken)
minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 425 and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Use two forks to shred chicken and stir it in with the other contents of the crockpot.
Heat tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up, this will make them easier to work with. Sprinkle cheese in the middle of each tortilla (just divide the cheese evenly between all of the tortillas).
Top cheese with 2-3 tablespoons of shredded chicken mixture. Roll tortillas tightly into a log-shape taquito.
Place taquitos on baking sheet and spray heavily with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and tortillas begin to brown. (For crispier taquitos, switch the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes - watch carefully so they don't burn!)
Serve warm with dipping sauces and toppings if desired.