It's Fall Y'all Oatmeal Cookies
A soft and chewy oatmeal cookie full of pumpkin spice baking chips, walnuts, and pecans!
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 C dark brown sugar
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 2/3 C old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C pumpkin spice baking chips
- 3/4 C nuts, walnuts or pecans or both
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and mix until combined. Add in vanilla and molasses. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add in wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the add-ins.
3. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a cookie scoop, roll out the dough and place about 2” apart on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.