A recipe from the REAL BUTTER campaign.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or lemon baking oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut, fine or medium shred
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemongrass purée or 1 tablespoon lemongrass powder*
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) white chocolate chips, chopped and divided
- Additional coconut and lemongrass powder for decoration (optional)
Adapted from sprinklebakes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add lemon oil or extract. Gradually beat in flour, coconut and lemongrass. Stir in 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 1/2 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake on middle rack until cookies are set and light golden brown on bottom, 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes; remove to cooling racks to cool completely. Microwave remaining white chocolate chips in heavy-duty plastic bag, kneading at 10- to 15-second-intervals, until totally melted and smooth. Cut a tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with additional coconut and lemongrass powder, if desired. Refrigerate cookies for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.