Chocolate Pecan Cookies in a jar (gift)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with
- a paper towel after this layer)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, pressing down firmly after each ingredient.
Attach the following recipe on a gift tag:
Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Empty jar into large mixing bowl, using your hands to thoroughly mix. Add 1 stick soft butter, 1 egg (slightly beaten) and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional). Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on sprayed cookies sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet and remove cookies to racks to cool completely.