Chewy Ginger Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Adapted from health.com
1. Combine first 5 ingredients (through crystallized ginger) in a bowl.
2. Beat next 4 ingredients (through brown sugar) with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add dry ingredients; mix until just blended. Wrap in plastic; chill 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
4. Fill 2 bowls: 1 with cold water, 1 with granulated sugar. Dampen hands in water; form a 1-inch ball of dough. Roll in sugar; place on baking sheet. Make cookies; place 3 inches apart and lightly flatten tops. Bake 13–15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.