The Lady and Sons Chicken Fingers
Chicken fingers fried to a golden crisp with a homemade dipping honey mustard sauce.
- Honey mustard dressing:
- 16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal strips
- Paula Deen’s House Seasoning*
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Peanut oil or lard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice form 1/2 a lemon
- Horseradish, to taste
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Adapted from pauladeen.com
Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry fingers in deep hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard for dipping.
Combine all ingredients together except the orange juice and stir well. Thin to pouring with orange juice. Store in refrigerator.