Fried Ice Cream Balls
- ICE CREAM BALLS:
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- GARNISHES (for serving, if desired):
- 1/4 cup Cascadian Farm™ organic strawberry fruit spread (for serving, if desired)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- Banana, sliced (lengthwise for “banana split” or rounds) Chocolate fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Betty Crocker™ candy sprinkles
Place chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Pour into a bowl.
2. Roll scoops of ice cream into the crushed cookie mixture. Place scoops in a baking dish, separated so they do not touch, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes if you would like to make these into a dessert sundae. Microwave strawberry fruit spread and water together in a small glass bowl until runny and drizzling consistency, about 50 seconds. Slice bananas and strawberries.
4. Place oil in a small pot, heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, remove prepared ice cream balls from the freezer. Use a small ladle or large spoon to carefully and slowly place the ice cream balls into the hot oil. Fry for 5 seconds and remove quickly to serving dish. Repeat until all ice cream is finished. Top each ice cream ball with strawberry glaze, fudge sauce, sliced fruit, whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve immediately.