Simple Minestrone Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery or fennel, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup ditalini pasta or other small pasta
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz. bag of spinach
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Parmesan cheese, optional
• Sauté in olive oil: carrots, celery or fennel, onion, and garlic, on medium 10 minutes.
• Add pasta and broth; cook until vegetables and pasta are tender, about 20 minutes.
• Stir in beans, spinach, turkey, and salt. Heat through. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a dollop of pesto, if you like. Serves 8.
TIP: "I save Parmigiano cheese rinds to put in homemade soup for the richness they add. Try one in this minestrone," says Susan.
Read more: Soup Made from Turkey Carcass - Minestrone Soup Recipe - Good Housekeeping