Crockpot Chicken Vindaloo
3 servings Calories 277.9 Calories from Fat 123Total
Fat 13.7 g Saturated Fat 2.0 g1
Cholesterol 75.5 mg
Sodium 573.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 27.8 g
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 3/4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Adapted from food.com
1 Puree first 10 ingredients in a blender.
2 Pour into the crock pot, add tomato sauce, cinnamon stick and onion and mix well.
3 Add chicken and turn to cover.
4 Cook on low for 5 hours.
For the Vegetarian version: use your favorite veggies, omit the cinnamon stick. This is my sister's recipe (Thank you Najla! XOXO), she made it on the stove top. It's really yummy!!
5 Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
6 Serve with rice or rolls, enjoy!