Coq au Vin
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions -- thawed
- 1 cup button mushrooms -- sliced
- 1 clove garlic -- minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves -- 6 - 5 oz.pieces
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat. Drain and crumble. Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the following order. onions, bacon, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, pepper, chicken, wine and broth. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken and vegetables; cover and keep warm. Ladle cup cooking liquid into small bowl; allow to cool slightly. Turn slow cooker to HIGH; cover. Mix reserved liquid, tomato paste and flour until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker; cover and cook 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve over egg noodles, if desired.
Per Serving: 293 Calories; 6g Fat; 40g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 446mg Sodium.