- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 3/4 tablespoons butter (extra)
- 6 1/16 cups flour
- 2 3/8 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 190c / 375f.
2. Mix the 250g butter into the flour either with your hands or in a blender.
3. Add the sugar, salt and baking powder and then mix in the milk and wine vinegar until you have a smooth dough.
4. Grease a large baking tray with some of the remaining butter.
5. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
6. Wet your hands with a little cold water and quickly roll the dough into long dough sausages, about 30cm long.
7. Arrange the dough sausages in parallel lines on the tray, dotting a few bits of extra butter in between.
8. Bake for 45mins - 1hour until the tops are golden and crusty.