Berries With Mascarpone And Meringue
- 1 container fresh strawberries - (10 oz) hulled, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 meringue cookies coarsely crumbled
Toss the berries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir the mascarpone cheese in a large bowl to loosen. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and pinch of cinnamon in another large bowl to soft peaks. Fold 1/4 of the cream into the mascarpone cheese to lighten. Fold in the remaining whipped cream.
Using a slotted spoon, divide the berries among plates. Spoon the mascarpone cheese atop the berries. Sprinkle the meringue cookies over top. Drizzle the berry juices around the dessert and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.