Fruit Salad With Cannoli Cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream plus
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries hulled, and quartered - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 dry pint fresh raspberries - (abt 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 kiwi peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
Stir the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of cream in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl until semi-firm peaks form. Fold the ricotta into the whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to stiffen and yield a creamier filling. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Toss the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine. Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add the kiwi.
Spoon the fruit mixture into 4 dessert bowls. Dollop the ricotta cream atop the fruit. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.