Quick Quinoa Crunch Recipe
Think of this as a riff on a quick granola, but with quinoa instead of oats. Strewn with almonds and sesame seeds, this crunchy mix turns a simple bowl of yogurt into something almost regal. Plus, the quick punch of protein will help tide you over until lunch better than plain yogurt.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon safflower or other neutral-flavored oil
Adapted from motherearthliving.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all ingredients and spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake until toasty and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.