Yummy Little Almond Sandwich Cookies
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 drop red food color
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour and almond extract until well blended.
2. Shape dough into 180 (1/2-inch) balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press bottom of glass dipped into granulated sugar on each ball until 1/4 inch thick; prick top of each with a fork.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes until set but not brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top each with another cookie, bottom side down; press gently. Store in refrigerator.